I love CHILDREN OF THE CORN (1984) to death, but if only the technological marvels of Blu-Ray would allow an audio option to remove the grating childrens narration…
In 1984, a film adaptation of a chilling short story by horror master Stephen King terrified audiences and launched a film franchise that continues to this very day. Now, to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of a classic and just in time to welcome the upcoming remake, Anchor Bay Entertainment announces the August 25th release of the original Children of the Corn on Blu-ray! Not only will fans see and hear this ‘80s shocker classic like never before, this Blu-ray edition contains all the supplements from the previous DiviMax™ DVD , as well as nearly an hour of newly-produced high-definition bonus features, with all-new, never-before-seen interviews with the cast and crew – created exclusively for this release! SRP is $29.97.
Produced by Donald P. Borchers (who is helming the 2009 remake) and directed by Fritz Kiersch, Children of the Corn stars ‘80s sensations Linda Hamilton (Terminator) and Peter Horton (“thirtysomething”) as a young couple who find themselves stranded in the isolated community of Gatlin, Nebraska. They soon discover that all of the town’s adults have been slaughtered by a twisted religious cult of children led by the enigmatic Isaac (John Franklin) who worship a mysterious cornfield deity. A deadly race for survival begins –can these adults escape a town where the innocent become zealots and offer blood sacrifices to He Who Walks Behind The Rows?
The Children of the Corn Blu-ray offers a bushel of bonus features including:
- Audio commentary with director Fritz Kiersch, producer Terrence Kirby and actors John Franklin & Courtney Gains
- NEW “It Was The Eighties!” (HD) — Linda Hamilton talks about working on the film, offering great behind-the-scenes stories about the cast and crew
- NEW “Stephen King on a Shoestring” (HD) – All-New interview with Producer Donald Borchers.
- NEW “Welcome to Gatlin: The Sights and Sounds of Children of the Corn” (HD) – Interview with Production Designer Craig Stearns and Composer Jonathan Elias
- “Harvesting Horror: The Making of Children of the Corn” (SD)
- Fast Film Facts
- Original theatrical trailer
- Poster & still gallery
- Original storyboard and original title sequence art
Whether you like your corn yellow, blood-red or HD blu, prepare to enjoy Children of the Corn in high-definition!
Source: Icons Of Fright